If your company regularly attends conferences, tradeshows or exhibitions, you know how important, and how challenging it is to generate considerable traffic into your display area. Try one or more of the following tactics to attract more attendees at your next exhibition.
- Create a contest that asks for tweets or text as entries. Prize Giveaways and Raffles can dramatically up the traffic to your display are. Ensure it is simple for people to enter your contest by asking for a tweet or text message with the person’s contact info. Try to keep the contest closely aligned with your product, service, or brand to attract the maximum number of interested prospects.
- Give away valuable information. Give away a freebie, but to target your prospects, why not spread insider information from your booth. People happily give their contact information in exchange for an e-book, industry report or white paper. If contact information is all you want, you easily could deliver the goods wirelessly and remotely via email, text, or via an autoresponder. To attract prospects to your exhibition display, provide the information in a tangible format, such as providing a printed report, CD, or a download to the recipient’s flash drive.
- Employ an extrovert in a costume. Draw traffic to your stall by employing a fun and appealing character to pose for photographs with attendees who leave a business card or share their contact details. There should be a large sign showing your product, service or brand for your extrovert to pose in front of. Ask your character to put a flyer, a voucher, or perhaps a specification sheet into the hands for every visitor. Don’t forget to take your own photographs, you’ll get can stream or post these shots online.
- Offer free Wi-Fi. You’d conclude that every exhibit hall or trade show venue would probably provide free Wi-Fi to all comers, yet connectivity can be a big issue at many industry gatherings. Make the most this shortcoming by providing wireless access at your stand, swapping the password for people’s contact information, a place to sit.
- Supply a charging station on your trade show display. At many trade exhibitions why not provide a spot to set devices as they recharge. It’s possible to earn a great deal of appreciation from attendees by supplying extra outlets and shelf space — if the area happens to be boldly branded with your logo, all the better.
- Give to charity for every visitor. Giving your time or money to a worthy cause sends a positive message concerning your company and influences people’s attitudes toward you, your product or service. Donating $1 per business card collected isn’t very likely to make you go broke, however it makes a powerful statement. This gimmick will probably be even more powerful if the charity you select meshes with with your brand.
- Give talks on interesting topics. Does your company have unique insights to present? Mini-lectures on topics related to your stand can draw a crowd fast. Line up a charismatic speaker to offer a 10- to 15-minute talk every hour — or give the talks yourself.